The United States Postal Service is looking for community input regarding the addition of a new Bethesda location within the 20816 zip code. The new location would need to be at least 2,000 square feet while also allowing parking for up to 27 vehicles.
The Wisconsin Avenue location which opened last year in downtown Bethesda has proven to be problematic for customers looking to park. While the location has metered spots nearby, there is no dedicated or handicap parking.
If you have suggestions for a new location and would like to attend this public meeting, it will be held at 6:30 PM this evening at the Bethesda-Chevy Chase Regional Services Center at 4805 Edgemoor Lane.
Last month, we celebrated our one year anniversary as Bethesda residents. While I’m still very much getting to know this town, I wanted to put a list together of my favorite and not-so-favorite places and things. I should note that my list includes places in Bethesda and surrounding areas.
- Favorite grocery store: Whole Foods Friendship Heights
- Favorite brunch: Black Market Bistro (Praline is a close 2nd)
- Restaurant closest to my heart: Jaleo (first date with hubby)
- Favorite salad: steak salad from Redwood
- Favorite pizza: Fig & prosciutto from Mia’s
- Favorite falafal: Roti
- Favorite ice cream: Dolcezza
- Favorite steak: Ray’s the Classics (Silver Spring)
- Favorite Tex Mex: Mi Cocina
- Favorite Italian: Tie between La Panetteria and Sugo Cicchetti
- Restaurant I wanted to love, but didn’t: Newton’s Table (to be fair, it was lunch and I was nine months pregnant)
- Place I didn’t want to love, but did: Hunan Kitchen
- Favorite Food Truck: Corned Beef King
- New place I’m most excited about: Fish Taco in Cabin John
- Next date night spot to try: Range
- Favorite summer food: fire-grilled corn at Old Angler’s Beer Garden (Potomac)
- Favorite non-profit: A Wider Circle
- Favorite spa day: Red Door
- Favorite place for fresh air: anything along the C&O Canal
- Favorite patio on a gorgeous day: Old Angler’s Beer Garden (Potomac)
- Place I can’t believe I haven’t been to yet: The Central Farm Market
- Favorite Pharmacy: River Rx
- Places I wish would open up a Bethesda location: Paul Bakery, District Taco, anything by Michel Richard
Like I said, there are many, many places I have yet to try, so I’m certain this list will evolve as my relationship with Bethesda does.
Hello, neglected blog. You may have wondered where I’ve been.. you may not have wondered. The short of it is, I’m back, and I’m committed to blogging again.
Over the last several months, I’ve spent my time being a mom - not a blogger. Late last year, my husband and I welcomed our second child to this world, a beautiful baby boy. We are finally getting a better grasp of life with two wiggly, playful, restless, messy, adorable little children, and life is truly as wonderful as it’s ever been.
I have missed blogging immensely. I miss having a reason to share my words and images. I miss the mindset of exploration that blogging puts me in. I miss meeting locals and business owners. I miss painting a picture of the place that so many people love and call home.
Blogging for me is an art form that combines so many of my favorite things - technology, photography, writing, and adventure. I look forward to blogging again, and hope you’ll (re)join me on my adventures through Bethesda!
A random selection of iPhone photos….
One of the BEST steak salads I have ever had. Truly. From Redwood in Bethesda Row. Just writing this is making me crave it again…
A stroll through downtown Bethesda…
Quiche Lorraine from Praline in Bethesda (excellent!)…
A visit to Krispy Kreme in Rockville…
A gorgeous date-night stroll through the Georgetown Waterfront…
Some of the best stuffed grapeleaves I’ve had the pleasure of eating in DC. At Vasilis Mediterranean Grill in Gaithersburg.
A derecho victim a few houses down from us…
Independence Day lunch from Urban BBQ….
Independence Day Fireworks at Congressional Country Club (Viewed from our parked car between two large trees because we had a sleepy toddler in the backseat.)
(P.S. Sorry for the lack of posts lately. Beach vacation, baby with double ear infection, and stomach bug that spread like a wildfire through our house kept me out of commission)